The following is a post from Peter’s wife, Katrina.
Yes, I love turmeric! I put it in everything including my tea, soup, salad, smoothies, nut milk, etc. Not only do I enjoy the taste, I hear that it’s packed with amazing health benefits. Some of the things I’ve read about turmeric are:
1. It helps to block cancer.
2. It’s a powerful antioxidant.
3. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory.
4. It’s a natural liver detoxifier
5. It has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
6. And ladies, there is also evidence that it helps with menopausal discomfort.
This is the short list and there are many other benefits I’ve read about. Definitely spend some time researching this amazing spice and see what you think.
In the meantime, I’m happy to share one of my new recipes with you including this wonderful spice. It’s raw, vegan turmeric ice cream and it is sooooo delicious! The secret is in the spices and the simplicity.
Recipe for Raw Vegan Turmeric Ice Cream
5 Frozen Bananas Pieces (no peel)
3 soaked and pitted dates
¼ tsp Turmeric
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Cardamom*
1/8 tsp Ginger*
1/8 tsp Cloves*
1/8 tsp Black Pepper*
* These last four spices are very strong and can overwhelm your recipe. Try a little less at first – maybe just a pinch — to see how you like them. You don’t have to add them at all if you don’t want, but they do add a bit of a chai influence which I really like.
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Scoop into bowl and grab a spoon. And even share with a friend!
Serving suggestion: Add a couple of banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
So, let me know what you think? Leave a comment below and tell me what other recipes you’d like me to create and share.
Much love and many blessings,
p.s. Have you seen our other website yet? I invite you to take a look at Illuminating-U. When you sign up you’ll get an eBook from me, a video from Peter and lots of other goodies. Enjoy!